We serve students from various diverse backgrounds.
Portland Christian School has chosen to serve every student, with few exceptions, who applies for admittance whether in the inner city or the outskirts of Louisville. This is the choice PCS has made in determining the best way to serve those God sends to PCS. By reason of location, PCS is one of the few Christian schools that continues to serve the inner city while also expanding to serve the eastern Jefferson County community as well.
We have a mission. We have a vision. We have core values.
The families whose children are admitted to the school must agree with the school’s mission, vision, and core values. The education offered in a Christian school must be Christ-centered. Understanding the mission, vision, and the core values are important in keeping a Christ-centered environment. The nature and quality of its relationships with the families and the like-minded churches is evaluated, and information about its students, families, churches, and community is analyzed so as to better understand and serve its constituents more effectively.
A diverse student body allows for a great experience.
Portland Christian’s student body is made up of students from all geographic areas and various Christian denominations. PCS does require faithful service and attendance in the family’s home church. Portland’s curriculum includes a Bible class or chapel service each day we are in session.
*** Admission Process Requirements & Information ***
All required records and information are listed below and are available for download by clicking the 'pdf' link beside each available document.
In order to get started as fast as possible, please supply the following items:
- $75 fee for Student Initial Application (apply online)
- Copies of student's last two report cards (if available)
- Any standardized test scores that are available
Forms & Documents
- Admissions Application (apply online | pdf)
- Student Statement (for grades 9 thru 12) - pdf
- Records Request - pdf
- Tuition Payment Preference Form - pdf
- Non-discriminatory Policy Statement, Parental Cooperation Statement, Book Agreement and Student Agreement - pdf
- Teacher Recommendation - pdf
- Minister Recommendation - pdf
Other Required Forms & Documents
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copies of Your Child’s Two Most Recent Report Cards
- Standardized Test Scores (if available)
- Legal Documents Concerning Guardianship (if applicable)
- Original Immunization Certificate (including requirement of Hepatitis B vaccines for any child born on or after 10/1/92)
- Tuberculin Skin Test (for any child who has been exposed to confirmed or suspected cases of TB in the last 5 years or who is suspected of having TB)
- KY Eye Examination Form for School Entry
- KY Dental Screening/Examination Form for School Entry
- Preventative Health Care Examination Form (for those entering school for the first time or entering sixth grade)